Friday, May 05, 2006

THE ELECTIONS
This May, the elections in Tamil Nadu has very much become an issue of selecting a party which offers the best freebies. So the choice is not between DMK or ADMK, its between a T.V or a computer. This time it seems I have no goods that is of use to me in the freebie list. So I think I will refrain from voting. But next time around, I will wait for the manifestos to be declared before buying any gadgets.
Now as you all know the promised things include T.Vs, computers, gold for marriage, compensation for maternal expenses(may be they got the idea after seeing Ajith’s Thirupathi) and subsidized rice. Today ADMK has announced that it will get rid of CAS in Chennai if it comes to power. For one instant I just thanked my mom for pushing me to get the voter’s ID but then that’s déjà vu. Didn’t Kalanidhi Maran tell the same thing for the parliament elections??
So to make people like us to vote, what freebies do we require?? Let us see.
• free movie tickets
• free Pulsars to unemployed youth
• free unlimited broadband packages for existing users
• free set top boxes(if they r’nt going to scrap it)
• monthly free 10 ltrs petrol and the next 10 at a subsidized cost of 30Rs/ltr
• free mobiles
• free jeans in ration shops
Hmm I can keep adding on. Anyway so before the next elections please postpone buying of any of the above said articles because who knows, you may get it free.
And any north Indians reading this, I suggest you have your weddings in Tamil Nadu as you will get gold for free. Anyone being pregnant is also welcome. If something free is offered for honeymoons, then I think many Indians will like shifting their bases to Tamil Nadu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

machan al da stuff r not absolutely free, u have de conditions-apply-mode
ova here too...n freebies r offrd only to de ones hu r below povery line(BPL)